Monday 10 May 2010

Charity chick lit

Well, I've finished the Jane Green. I'll try and write some thoughts about it later in the week. I'm also going to have to have a brief pause while I read the novel for my book club next week (Junk by Melvin Burgess). Before then I decided to go to my local charity shop and pick up a few more titles on the cheap. I have to say pickings weren't good - they seemed to focus more on the 'yummy mummy' side of the genre, rather than the twenty-something world I want to explore. However, I did invest the princely sum of £1.95 in each of these books, selected on their covers and blurbs alone:


Behaving Like Adults by Anna Maxted: 'Will Holly discover what she really wants and needs?'


The True and Outstanding Adventure of the Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson: 'Fired by her boss, dumped by her boyfriend, getting old by the minute, what's there to live for?'

I also came back and invested in a second hand copy of the following because, in the words of my academic friend, 'I feel it's important':


Junk first, then I think it's time to shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment